In the table below, the detailed business studies syllabus for CUET is discussed.
| TOPICS || |
|Principles and Functions of Management ||1. Nature and significance of management. ||• Management – concept, objectives, importance. |
• Nature of management; Management as Science, Art, Profession.
• Levels of management – • top, middle supervisory (First level). • Management functions – planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and controlling.
• Coordination – nature, and importance.
|2. Principles of Management ||• Principles of Management – meaning, nature and significance. |
• Fayol’s principles of management.
• Taylor’s Scientific Management – Principles and Techniques.
|3. Business Environment ||• Business Environment – meaning and importance. |
• Dimensions of Business Environment – Economic, Social, Technological, Political, and Legal.
• Economic Environment in India; Impact of Government policy changes on business and industry, with special reference to the adoption of the policies of liberalization privatization, and globalization.
|4. Planning ||• Meaning, features, importance, limitations. |
• Planning process.
• Types of Plans –
Objectives, Strategy, Policy, Procedure, Method, Rule, Budget, Programme.
|5. Organising ||• Meaning and importance. |
• Steps in the process of organizing. • Structure of organization – functional, and divisional.
• Formal and informal organization.
• Delegation: meaning elements and importance.
• Decentralization: meaning and importance.
• Difference between delegation and decentralization.
|6. Staffing ||• Meaning, need, and importance of staffing. |
• Staffing as a part of Human Resources Management.
• Steps in the staffing process.
• Recruitment – meaning and sources.
• Selection – meaning and process.
• Training and Development – meaning, need, methods – methods of training.
|7. Directing ||• Meaning, importance, and principles. |
• Elements of Direction: Supervision – meaning and importance, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs; Financial and non-financial incentives. Leadership – meaning, importance; qualities of a good leader. – Communication – meaning, and importance, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication.
| 8. Controlling ||• Meaning and importance. |
• Relationship between planning and controlling.
• Steps in the process of control.
• Techniques of controlling.
|Business finance and marketing ||1. Business Finance ||• Business finance – meaning, role, objectives of financial management. |
• Financial planning – meaning and importance.
• Capital Structure – meaning and factors.
• Fixed and Working Capital – meaning and factors affecting their requirements.
|2. Financial Markets ||• Concept of Financial Market: Money Market – nature instruments; |
• Capital market: nature and types – primary and secondary market.
• The distinction between capital market and money market.
• Stock Exchange – meaning, functions, NSEI, OCTEI, Trading Procedure.
• Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – Objectives, Functions.
|3. Marketing || • Marketing – meaning, functions, role. |
• The distinction between marketing and selling.
• Marketing mix – concept and elements: – Product – nature, classification, branding, labeling, and packaging – Physical distribution: meaning, role; Channels of distribution, – meaning, types, and factors, determining the choice of channels. – Promotion – Role of Advertising and personal selling; objections to Advertising. – Price: factors influencing pricing.
|4. Consumer Protection ||• Importance of consumer protection. |
• Consumer rights.
• Consumer responsibilities.
• Ways and means of consumer protection – Consumer awareness and legal redressal with special reference to the Consumer Protection Act.
• Role of consumer organizations and NGOs.
|5. Entrepreneurship Development ||• Concept, Functions, and Need. |
• Entrepreneurship Characteristics and Competencies.
• Process of Entrepreneurship Development.
• Entrepreneurial Values, Attitudes, and Motivation – Meaning and Concept.