Match List – I with List – II.
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Weather |
(I) Making no noise |
|
(B) Whether |
(II) If |
|
(C) Quiet |
(III) Wholly or completely |
|
(D) Quite |
(IV) Climate |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) - (A)-(IV), (B)-(II), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
-
(A) Weather → (IV) Climate
- "Weather" refers to the atmospheric conditions (temperature, rain, wind, etc.) at a specific place and time.
- Example: The weather is very cold today.
-
(B) Whether → (II) If
- "Whether" is used when expressing doubt or choices between alternatives (equivalent to "if").
- Example: I don’t know whether I should go or stay.
-
(C) Quiet → (I) Making no noise
- "Quiet" means silent or making little to no noise.
- Example: Please be quiet in the library.
-
(D) Quite → (III) Wholly or completely
- "Quite" means completely, entirely, or to a significant degree.
- Example: I am quite happy with my results.