Match the idioms in List-I with the meanings in List-II:-
|
List-I (Idioms) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) Bite the bullet |
(I) The next move or decision is yours |
|
(B) Fly off the handle |
(II) A very small amount compared to the need |
|
(C) The ball is in your court |
(III) To take on a difficult challenge |
|
(D) A drop in the ocean |
(IV) To lose one's temper suddenly |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Idioms) |
List-II (Meanings) |
Explanation |
|
(A) Bite the bullet |
(III) To take on a difficult challenge |
To face a difficult or unpleasant situation with courage and fortitude, often by accepting pain or distress. |
|
(B) Fly off the handle |
(IV) To lose one's temper suddenly |
To become suddenly and extremely angry. |
|
(C) The ball is in your court |
(I) The next move or decision is yours |
It is up to you to make the next decision or step; it is your responsibility now. |
|
(D) A drop in the ocean |
(II) A very small amount compared to the need |
A very small or insignificant amount when compared with what is actually needed or available. |