Fill in the blanks in the sentences given in List-I with the correct prepositions given in List-II
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Prepositions) |
|
(A) We must arm ourselves ____ the danger of chemical weapons. |
(I) of |
|
(B) He was accused ____ murder. |
(II) with |
|
(C) She blushed ____ the praise heaped upon her. |
(III) against |
|
(D) He is really annoyed ____ me. |
(IV) at |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Prepositions) |
Explanation |
|
(A) We must arm ourselves ____ the danger of chemical weapons. |
(III) against |
The idiom "arm oneself against" means to prepare to resist or defend oneself from a threat. |
|
(B) He was accused ____ murder. |
(I) of |
The verb "accused" is always followed by the preposition "of" when specifying the crime or fault. |
|
(C) She blushed ____ the praise heaped upon her. |
(IV) at |
The verb "blush" is typically followed by "at" when referring to the cause of the embarrassment or reaction (the praise). |
|
(D) He is really annoyed ____ me. |
(II) with |
When expressing annoyance directed towards a person, the preposition "with" is used ("annoyed with" a person). (If annoyed by a thing, "at" or "by" is used). |