Match List I with List II
|
LIST I: Groups |
LIST II: Identities |
|
A. Gujaratis, Bengalis |
I. Ethnic identity |
|
B. Garos, Khasis |
II. National identity |
|
C. Sikhs, Buddhists |
III. Linguistic identity |
|
D. Indians, Sinhalese |
IV. Religious identity |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → A-III, B-I, C-IV, D-II
- A. Gujaratis, Bengalis: These are groups identified by their language (Gujarati and Bengali), making them an example of linguistic identity (III).
- B. Garos, Khasis: These are indigenous communities in Northeast India with distinct cultural traditions and customs, aligning with ethnic identity (I).
- C. Sikhs, Buddhists: These are religious communities identified by their adherence to Sikhism and Buddhism, respectively, representing religious identity (IV).
- D. Indians, Sinhalese: These are groups sharing a national identity, belonging to India and Sri Lanka respectively, making them an example of national identity (II).