Match List – I with List – II to complete the Idiom.
|
List - I |
List - II |
|
(A) To be a |
(I) music |
|
(B) A little birdie |
(II) wet blanket |
|
(C) Not to see |
(III) told me |
|
(D) To face the |
(IV) eye to eye |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) - (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I)
- To be a wet blanket → Matches with (II) wet blanket (meaning someone who spoils the fun).
- A little birdie told me → Matches with (III) told me (used when someone gives secret information).
- Not to see eye to eye → Matches with (IV) eye to eye (meaning to disagree).
- To face the music → Matches with (I) music (meaning to accept the consequences).