Fill in the blanks in the sentences given in List-I with the appropriate words from List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
|
(A) The word home often ____ warmth and security. |
(I) denotes |
|
(B) Years of playing guitar gave her a large ____ on her fingers. |
(II) callous |
|
(C) In grammar, an asterisk often ____ a footnote. |
(III) connotes |
|
(D) Ignoring the beggar on the street was a ____ act. |
(IV) callus |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
Explanation |
|
(A) The word home often ____ warmth and security. |
(III) connotes |
Connote means to imply or suggest an idea or feeling in addition to the literal meaning. Home literally denotes a dwelling, but connotes security. |
|
(B) Years of playing guitar gave her a large ____ on her fingers. |
(IV) callus |
Callus (noun) is a thickened and hardened part of the skin or soft tissue, especially in an area subject to friction. |
|
(C) In grammar, an asterisk often ____ a footnote. |
(I) denotes |
Denote means to be a sign of; to indicate or refer to literally. An asterisk literally stands for a footnote. |
|
(D) Ignoring the beggar on the street was a ____ act. |
(II) callous |
Callous (adjective) means showing or having an insensitive and cruel disregard for others; heartless. |