Match the words in List I with their Antonyms in List II:
|
List I |
List II |
|
A. Defame |
I. Hero |
|
B. Novice |
II. Expert |
|
C. Defunct |
III. Praise |
|
D. Antagonist |
IV. Important |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → A-III, B-II, C-IV, D-I
A. Defame
- Meaning: To damage someone's reputation.
- Antonym: Praise (to speak highly of someone).
- Match: III
B. Novice
- Meaning: A beginner or someone new to a field.
- Antonym: Expert (a person highly skilled in a field).
- Match: II
C. Defunct
- Meaning: No longer existing or functioning.
- Antonym: Important (active, relevant, or functional).
- Match: IV
D. Antagonist
- Meaning: An opponent or adversary.
- Antonym: Hero (a protagonist or central positive figure).
- Match: I