Match the words in List - I with their Antonyms List - II.
|
List - I |
List – II |
||
|
(A) |
lament |
(I) |
alertness |
|
(B) |
kindred |
(II) |
rejoice |
|
(C) |
melodious |
(III) |
unrelated |
|
(D) |
lethargy |
(IV) |
discordant |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below :
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
- Lament means to express grief or sorrow, so its antonym is rejoice, which means to feel or show great joy.
- Kindred refers to being of similar nature or related, so its antonym is unrelated, meaning not connected or associated.
- Melodious describes something having a pleasing sound or tune, so its antonym is discordant, meaning harsh or disagreeable in sound.
- Lethargy is a state of sluggishness or inactivity, so its antonym is alertness, which means being watchful and attentive.