Match List-I with List-II:
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Areal Differentiation |
(I) Identifying the uniqueness of any region and understanding how and why it is different |
|
(B) Spatial Organisation |
(II) Application of quantitative techniques it Geography |
|
(C) Behavioural School |
(III) Discontent with quantitative revolution and its dehumanized manner of doing Geography |
|
(D) Post-modernism |
(IV) Focus on local context |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) - (A) - (I), (B) - (II), (C) - (III), (D) - (IV)
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Areal Differentiation |
(I) Identifying the uniqueness of any region and understanding how and why it is different |
|
(B) Spatial Organisation |
(II) Application of quantitative techniques it Geography. Marked by the use of computers and sophisticated statistical tools. Laws of physics were often applied to map and analyse human phenomena. This phase was called the quantitative revolution. The main objective was to identify mappable patterns for different human activities. |
|
(C) Behavioural School |
(III) Discontent with quantitative revolution and its dehumanized manner of doing Geography |
|
(D) Post-modernism |
(IV) Focus on local context. The grand generalisations and the applicability of universal theories to explain the human conditions were questioned. The importance of understanding each local context in its own right was emphasised. |