Match List I with List II
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Population momentum |
I. Voluntary action to reduce population growth |
|
B. Demographic Dividend |
II. Large cohort of women at reproducive age |
|
C. Population pyramid |
III. Group data in term of gender and age |
|
D. Preventive check |
IV. Higher population of workers compared to non-workers |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
Population momentum refers to a situation, where a large cohort of women of reproductive age will fuel population growth over the next generation, even if each woman has fewer children than previous generations did.
‘Demographic dividend’: a falling dependency ratio can be a source of economic growth and prosperity due to the larger proportion of workers relative to non-workers.
Population pyramid: Group data in term of gender and age
Preventive checks: To voluntarily reduce the growth of its population (through ‘’ such as postponing marriage or practicing sexual abstinence or celibacy).