Fill in the blanks given in List-I with the appropriate expressions from List-II
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Verbs/phrases) |
|
(A) At the memorial service I ____ his kindness. |
(I) gave a standing ovation to |
|
(B) The exhibition ____ from all major reviewers. |
(II) paid tribute to |
|
(C) At the end of the concert, the audience ____ the young pianist. |
(III) lauded |
|
(D) The Prime Minister has ____ the new peace initiative. |
(IV) earned plaudits |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → (A)-(II), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Verbs/phrases) |
Meaning in Context |
|
(A) At the memorial service I ____ his kindness. |
(II) paid tribute to |
To honor or express respect and admiration for someone (especially after death, as in a memorial service). |
|
(B) The exhibition ____ from all major reviewers. |
(IV) earned plaudits |
To receive strong praise or approval, which fits the context of professional reviewers commenting on an exhibition. |
|
(C) At the end of the concert, the audience ____ the young pianist. |
(I) gave a standing ovation to |
To stand up and applaud enthusiastically, a typical action by an audience for a great performance. |
|
(D) The Prime Minister has ____ the new peace initiative. |
(III) lauded |
To praise highly or enthusiastically, which is appropriate for a high-ranking official commenting on an important political action. |