Match List – I with List – II.
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Index number for the base year |
I. Paasche's index number |
|
B. $P_{01}=\frac{\sum p_1 q_0}{\sum p_0 q_0} \times 100$ |
II. 100 |
|
C. $P_{01}=\frac{\sum p_1 q_1}{\sum p_0 q_1} \times 100$ |
III. Fisher's Ideal Index Number |
|
D. $P_{01}=\sqrt{\frac{\sum p_1 q_0}{\sum p_0 q_0} \times \frac{\sum p_1 q_1}{\sum p_0 q_1}} \times 100$ |
IV. Laspeyre's index number |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → A-II, B-IV, C-I, D-III
$\text{A: Index number for base year} = 100$
$\Rightarrow \text{A matches II}$
$\text{B: } P_{01} = \frac{\sum p_1 q_0}{\sum p_0 q_0} \times 100 \;\Rightarrow\; \text{Laspeyres index}$
$\Rightarrow \text{B matches IV}$
$\text{C: } P_{01} = \frac{\sum p_1 q_1}{\sum p_0 q_1} \times 100 \;\Rightarrow\; \text{Paasche index}$
$\Rightarrow \text{C matches I}$
$\text{D: } P_{01} = \sqrt{\frac{\sum p_1 q_0}{\sum p_0 q_0} \times \frac{\sum p_1 q_1}{\sum p_0 q_1}} \times 100 \;\Rightarrow\; \text{Fisher index}$
$\Rightarrow \text{D matches III}$
A–II,\; B–IV,\; C–I,\; D–III