Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Equations of line through (5, -4, 6) with direction ratios 3, 7, 2 |
(I) $\frac{x+3}{5}=\frac{y+7}{-4}=\frac{z+2}{6}$ |
|
(B) Equations of line through (3, 7, 2) with direction ratios 5, -4, 6 |
(II) $\frac{x-3}{5}=\frac{y-7}{-4}=\frac{z-2}{6}$ |
|
(C) Equations of line through (-5, 4, -6) with direction ratios 3, 7, 2 |
(III) $\frac{x-5}{3}=\frac{y+4}{7}=\frac{z-6}{2}$ |
|
(D) Equations of line through (-3, -7, -2) with direction ratios 5, -4, 6 |
(IV) $\frac{x+5}{3}=\frac{y-4}{7}=\frac{z+6}{2}$ |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(III), (B)-(II), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I)
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Equations of line through (5, -4, 6) with direction ratios 3, 7, 2 |
(III) $\frac{x-5}{3}=\frac{y+4}{7}=\frac{z-6}{2}$ |
|
(B) Equations of line through (3, 7, 2) with direction ratios 5, -4, 6 |
(II) $\frac{x-3}{5}=\frac{y-7}{-4}=\frac{z-2}{6}$ |
|
(C) Equations of line through (-5, 4, -6) with direction ratios 3, 7, 2 |
(IV) $\frac{x+5}{3}=\frac{y-4}{7}=\frac{z+6}{2}$ |
|
(D) Equations of line through (-3, -7, -2) with direction ratios 5, -4, 6 |
(I) $\frac{x+3}{5}=\frac{y+7}{-4}=\frac{z+2}{6}$ |
Match by reading symmetric form $(x-x_0)/a=(y-y_0)/b=(z-z_0)/c$ so point is $(x_0,y_0,z_0)$ and direction ratios are $(a,b,c)$.
(I) $\frac{x+3}{5}=\frac{y+7}{-4}=\frac{z+2}{6}\Rightarrow$ point $(-3,-7,-2)$, direction ratios $(5,-4,6)$.
(II) $\frac{x-3}{5}=\frac{y-7}{-4}=\frac{z-2}{6}\Rightarrow$ point $(3,7,2)$, direction ratios $(5,-4,6)$.
(III) $\frac{x-5}{3}=\frac{y+4}{7}=\frac{z-6}{2}\Rightarrow$ point $(5,-4,6)$, direction ratios $(3,7,2)$.
(IV) $\frac{x+5}{3}=\frac{y-4}{7}=\frac{z+6}{2}\Rightarrow$ point $(-5,4,-6)$, direction ratios $(3,7,2)$.