Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I Names of Satellites |
List-II Application |
|
(A) EOS-04 |
(I) Communication |
|
(B) GSAT-29 |
(II) Experimental |
|
(C) GAGAN |
(III) Navigation |
|
(D) INS-1A |
(IV) Earth Observation |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(III), (D)-(II) **
|
List-I Names of Satellites |
List-II Application |
|
(A) EOS-04 |
(IV) Earth Observation |
|
(B) GSAT-29 |
(I) Communication |
|
(C) GAGAN |
(III) Navigation |
|
(D) INS-1A |
(II) Experimental |
(A) EOS-04 (Earth Observation Satellite-04): As the name suggests, this is a Radar Imaging Satellite designed to provide high-quality images under all weather conditions for applications like agriculture, forestry, and flood mapping.
- Matches with (IV) Earth Observation
(B) GSAT-29: This is a high-throughput communication satellite. It was designed to bridge the digital divide by providing high-speed bandwidth to remote areas, particularly in Jammu & Kashmir and North Eastern India.
- Matches with (I) Communication
(C) GAGAN (GPS Aided GEO Augmented Navigation): This is a system developed by ISRO and the Airports Authority of India to provide better navigation services for civil aviation over the Indian airspace.
- Matches with (III) Navigation
(D) INS-1A (ISRO Nano Satellite-1A): This was an experimental satellite carrying two science payloads. It was designed as a versatile satellite bus to carry various instruments for future research.
- Matches with (II) Experimental