Fill the blanks in the sentences in List-I with the appropriate prepositions from List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Prepositions) |
|
(A) The bridge was built _____ the river. |
(I) against |
|
(B) He is waiting for me _____ the road. |
(II) over |
|
(C) He is distributing sweets ______ his friends. |
(III) across |
|
(D) Do not lean _____ the wall. |
(IV) among |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Prepositions) |
Explanation |
|
(A) The bridge was built _____ the river. |
(II) over |
Over is used to mean above and across something, often without touching it. |
|
(B) He is waiting for me _____ the road. |
(III) across |
Across means on the opposite side of something (like a road). |
|
(C) He is distributing sweets ______ his friends. |
(IV) among |
Among is used when distributing or involving two or more people/things. |
|
(D) Do not lean _____ the wall. |
(I) against |
Against is used to indicate contact and support. |