Fill in the blanks in the sentences given in List - I with the appropriate phrasal verbs given in List -II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Phrasal Verbs) |
|
(A) Despite searching for hours, she couldn't find her keys, but they eventually ____ in her jacket |
(I) turn down |
|
(B) The old factory was eventually ____ a vibrant art gallery, preserving its historical significance. |
(II) turn on |
|
(C) Before leaving the room, she remembered to ____ the air conditioner to keep it cool. |
(III) turned up |
|
(D) She had to ____ the volume of the music to avoid disturbing her neighbours late at night. |
(IV) turned into |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(II), (D)-(I)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Phrasal Verbs) |
Explanation |
|
(A) Despite searching for hours, she couldn't find her keys, but they eventually ____ in her jacket |
(III) turned up |
Turn up means to be found, especially after being lost; to appear. |
|
(B) The old factory was eventually ____ a vibrant art gallery, preserving its historical significance. |
(IV) turned into |
Turn into means to change or develop into something different; to convert. |
|
(C) Before leaving the room, she remembered to ____ the air conditioner to keep it cool. |
(II) turn on |
Turn on means to switch on (an electrical appliance or machine). |
|
(D) She had to ____ the volume of the music to avoid disturbing her neighbours late at night. |
(I) turn down |
Turn down means to reduce the volume, heat, or flow of something. |