Fill in the blanks in the sentences in List-I with appropriate homonyms in List-II :-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Homonyms) |
|
(A) At the other side of the beautiful valley, was a steep ____ to the top of the hill. |
(I) assent |
|
(B) I noticed colour ____ up in her cheeks when I caught her staring at me. |
(II) flair |
|
(C) There were murmurs of ____ from a very small section of the crowd. |
(III) ascent |
|
(D) He has an amazing ____ for languages. |
(IV) flare |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Homonyms) |
Explanation |
|
(A) At the other side of the beautiful valley, was a steep ____ to the top of the hill. |
(III) ascent |
Ascent (Noun) means a climb or walk to the summit of a hill or mountain; an upward slope. |
|
(B) I noticed colour ____ up in her cheeks when I caught her staring at me. |
(IV) flare |
Flare (Verb) means to erupt or burst into a sudden, intense activity, often used for a sudden rush of color or emotion. |
|
(C) There were murmurs of ____ from a very small section of the crowd. |
(I) assent |
Assent (Noun) means the expression of approval or agreement. |
|
(D) He has an amazing ____ for languages. |
(II) flair |
Flair (Noun) means a special or instinctive aptitude or ability for doing something well. |