Which of the given two conclusion logically follows the given two statements, disregarding the knows facts.
Statements :
No Pen is cake
Some cake are envelope
Some envelope are bottles
Conclusions :
I. Some cake are bottles
II. Some Pen are bottles
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option 4: Neither I and II conclusion follow
Conclusion I: Some Cake are Bottles : From the statements, we only know:
- Some Cake are Envelope
- Some Envelope are Bottles
There is no definite connection showing that the same envelopes are involved in both statements. Hence, we cannot conclude that some cakes are bottles. Therefore, Conclusion I does not follow.
Conclusion II: Some Pen are Bottles - We only know that No Pen is Cake, but there is no relation given between Pen and Bottle.
Therefore, Conclusion II also does not follow.
Hence, neither conclusion follows.