Read the passage and answer the following question:
Raunak always used to dislike and be afraid of reptiles. Once he was trying to wear his shoes when a lizard jumped out of it. Since then he started getting scared of lizards all the more. He could not control his fear when he saw a snake in his garden. His heart started pounding, he was sweating badly, he even fainted once when someone told him that there is a lizard under his chair. The very thought of any of these reptiles. generates in him an extreme level of fear. His mother took him to a doctor, who suggested that Raunak should meet a psychotherapist.
Match List I with List II
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Specific Phobia |
I. Extreme anxiety about separation from attachment figure. |
|
B. Agoraphobia |
II. Raunak's extreme fear of reptiles. |
|
C. Social anxiety disorder |
III. Fear of entering unfamiliar situations. |
|
D. Seperation anxiety disorder |
IV. Intense and incapacitating fear and embarrassment when dealing with others. |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → A-II, B-III, C-IV, D-I
-
A. Specific Phobia → II. Raunak's extreme fear of reptiles. Specific phobia refers to irrational fear of a particular object or situation, like Raunak’s fear of reptiles.
-
B. Agoraphobia → III. Fear of entering unfamiliar situations. Agoraphobia involves fear of open or unfamiliar places, often where escape might be difficult.
-
C. Social anxiety disorder → IV. Intense and incapacitating fear and embarrassment when dealing with others. This involves fear of being judged or embarrassed in social settings.
-
D. Separation anxiety disorder → I. Extreme anxiety about separation from attachment figure. Seen especially in children, this is the fear of being separated from someone they are emotionally attached to.