Match the Phrasal Verbs in List I with their meanings in List II.
|
LIST - I |
LIST - II |
|
A. break down |
I. to rise out of bed |
|
B. take off |
II. to progress or perform |
|
C. get up |
III. to cease working |
|
D. get on |
IV. to be airborne / to remove |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) - A-III, B-IV, C-I, D-II
- A. break down → III. to cease working (e.g., a machine breaks down when it stops functioning).
- B. take off → IV. to be airborne / to remove (e.g., an airplane takes off when it becomes airborne).
- C. get up → I. to rise out of bed (e.g., you get up in the morning).
- D. get on → II. to progress or perform (e.g., to get on with work means to continue working or making progress).