Match List-I with List-II
| List-1 | List-II |
| Enzymes | Functions |
| (A). DNA polymerase | (I). Transcribes precursor of mRNA (hnRNA) |
| (B). DNA ligase | (II). Transcribes rRNAs |
| (C). RNA polymerase I | (III). Joins the DNA fragments |
| (D). RNA polymerase II | (IV). Catalyzes the polymerization of deoxynucleotides |
the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)- (IV), (B)-(III), (C) -(II), (D)- (I)
| List-1 | List-II |
| Enzymes | Functions |
| (A). DNA polymerase | (IV). Catalyzes the polymerization of deoxynucleotides |
| (B). DNA ligase | (III). Joins the DNA fragments |
| (C). RNA polymerase I | (II). Transcribes rRNAs |
| (D). RNA polymerase II | (I). Transcribes precursor of mRNA (hnRNA) |
(A) In living cells, such as E. coli, the process of replication requires a set of catalysts (enzymes). The main enzyme is referred to as DNA-dependent DNA polymerase, since it uses a DNA template to catalyse the polymerisation of deoxynucleotides. These enzymes are highly efficient enzymes as they have to catalyse polymerisation of a large number of nucleotides in a very short time.
(B) DNA ligase is an enzyme that joins fragments of DNA by forming phosphodiester bonds between the 3'-hydroxyl and 5'-phosphate ends of DNA strands.
(C) The RNA polymerase I transcribes rRNAs (28S, 18S, and 5.8S).
(D) The RNA polymerase II transcribes precursor of mRNA, the heterogeneous nuclear RNA (hnRNA).