Complete the sentences given in List-I with the appropriate words given in List-II-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
|
(A) I saw his real face once the ____ of politeness began to crack. |
(I) venerable |
|
(B) ____ journalists are prepared to do just about anything for the sake of money. |
(II) venial |
|
(C) He was well regarded in the community as a ____ old man. |
(III) veneer |
|
(D) Why can't you forgive him for such a ____ sin? |
(IV) venal |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
Explanation |
|
(A) I saw his real face once the ____ of politeness began to crack. |
(III) veneer |
Veneer refers to a deceptive or superficial appearance; a facade. |
|
(B) ____ journalists are prepared to do just about anything for the sake of money. |
(IV) venal |
Venal means susceptible to bribery; corrupt. |
|
(C) He was well regarded in the community as a ____ old man. |
(I) venerable |
Venerable means accorded a great deal of respect, especially because of age, wisdom, or character. |
|
(D) Why can't you forgive him for such a ____ sin? |
(II) venial |
Venial means denoting a fault or sin that is relatively minor or easily excusable (often contrasted with mortal). |