Match the concept in List I with the explanation in List II
|
LIST I Concept |
LIST II Explanation |
|
A. Preventive checks |
I. Number of females per 1000 males in a given area at a specified time period |
|
B. Positive checks |
II. Estimated number of years that an average person is expected to survive |
|
C. Life expectancy |
III. Voluntary action to reduce population (like postponing marriage) |
|
D. Sex-ratio |
IV. Involuntary events to reduce population (like famine) |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → A-III, B-IV, C-II, D-I
A. Preventive checks - III. Voluntary action to reduce population (like postponing marriage)
B. Positive checks - IV. Involuntary events to reduce population (like famine)
C. Life expectancy - II. Estimated number of years that an average person is expected to survive
D. Sex-ratio - I. Number of females per 1000 males in a given area at a specified time period