Match List I with List II
|
LIST I Social Movement |
LIST II Characteristics |
|
A. Redemptive Social Movements |
I. Radical |
|
B. Revolutionary Social Movements |
II. Reorganisation of power relations |
|
C. Reformist Social Movements |
III. Personal Consciousness |
|
D. Old Social Movements |
IV. Change through gradual steps |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is option 1: A-III, B-I, C-IV, D-II
A. Redemptive Social Movements → III. Personal Consciousness: These aim to bring about a complete change in individuals, often spiritual or inner transformation (e.g., Bhakti or revivalist movements).
B. Revolutionary Social Movements → I. Radical: These seek fundamental, radical changes in society, often involving an overhaul of existing systems (e.g., Naxalite movement).
C. Reformist Social Movements → IV. Change through gradual steps: These movements aim for gradual, legal, or policy-based reforms within the existing system (e.g., women's rights or environmental movements).
D. Old Social Movements → II. Reorganisation of power relations: Older movements (like labor or peasant movements) often focused on redistribution of power and economic resources.