Match List-I with List-II.
| List-I | List-II |
| (A) Revenue Receipts | (I) Disinvestment of PSU |
| (B) Revenue Expenditure | (II) Tax and Non-Tax Revenue |
| (C) Capital Receipt | (III) Creation of Asset |
| (D) Capital Expenditure | (IV) Payment of salaries of government employees |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below :
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is option (1) : (A)-(II), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
(A) Revenue Receipts - (II) Tax and Non- Tax Revenue
(B) Revenue Expenditure- (IV) Payment of salaries of government employees
(C) Capital Receipt -(I) Disinvestment of PSU
(D) Capital Expenditure -(III) Creation of Asset
-
(A) Revenue Receipts: These include taxes and non-tax revenues received by the government, so it matches with (II) Tax and Non-Tax Revenue.
-
(B) Revenue Expenditure: This involves regular expenses like payment of salaries, subsidies, etc., so it matches with (IV) Payment of salaries of government employees.
-
(C) Capital Receipt: This refers to receipts that lead to either a liability or a decrease in other assets, such as disinvestment of PSUs, so it matches with (I) Disinvestment of PSU.
-
(D) Capital Expenditure: This involves spending on infrastructure or creation of assets, so it matches with (III) Creation of Asset.