Match the Idiom in List I with its meaning in List II
| List I (Idioms) | List II (Meaning) |
| A. Turn a blind eye | I. To avoid talking about what is important |
| B. Beat around the bush | II. To refuse to acknowledge a known truth |
| C. Spill the beans | III. Being very happy |
| D. On cloud nine | IV. To reveal secret information |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
A. Turn a blind eye: Means II. To refuse to acknowledge a known truth. E.g The manager turned a blind eye to the employee's repeated mistakes to avoid confrontation.
B. Beat around the bush: Means I. To avoid talking about what is important. E.g Stop beating around the bush and tell me what really happened at the meeting.
C. Spill the beans: Means IV. To reveal secret information. E.g Rahul accidentally spilled the beans about the surprise party we planned for Ananya.
D. On cloud nine: Means III. Being very happy.E.g She was on cloud nine after hearing that she had been selected for the scholarship.