Match the words in List I with their meanings in List II
|
List - I |
List – II |
||
|
(A) |
Oracle |
(I) |
A person skilled in foreign languages |
|
(B) |
Linguist |
(II) |
Lazy |
|
(C) |
Indolent |
(III) |
One who can be fooled easily |
|
(D) |
Gullible |
(IV) |
The advice given by Gods |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
- Oracle refers to a person or agency considered as an authoritative source of information or prophecy, making it the correct match for IV.
- A linguist is a person who studies languages, making it the correct match for I.
- Indolent means lazy or lacking energy or enthusiasm, making it the correct match for II.
- Gullible describes someone who is easily persuaded to believe something, especially something untrue, making it the correct match for III.