Match the figures of speech in List-I with the correct examples from List-II
|
List-I Figure of Speech |
List-II Examples |
|
(A) Simile |
(I) The school bus had thousands of students. |
|
(B) Hyperbole |
(II) She is like a beautiful yellow sunflower. |
|
(C) Metaphor |
(III) The books danced in the breeze. |
|
(D) Personification |
(IV) She is the tiger of her tribe. |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(II), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(III)
|
List-I Figure of Speech |
List-II Examples |
Explanation |
|
(A) Simile |
(II) She is like a beautiful yellow sunflower. |
A Simile makes a direct comparison between two unlike things using the words 'like' or 'as'. |
|
(B) Hyperbole |
(I) The school bus had thousands of students. |
Hyperbole is an exaggeration used for emphasis or effect. A bus cannot realistically hold thousands of students. |
|
(C) Metaphor |
(IV) She is the tiger of her tribe. |
A Metaphor makes an indirect comparison by stating that one thing is another. (She is compared directly to a tiger without 'like' or 'as'). |
|
(D) Personification |
(III) The books danced in the breeze. |
Personification gives human qualities or actions (like dancing) to inanimate objects (like books). |