Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Angle between $\hat i-\hat j$ and $\hat i+\hat j$ |
(I) $\pi$ |
|
(B) Angle between $\hat i-\hat j+\hat k$ and $-\hat i+\hat j-\hat k$ |
(II) $\frac{3\pi}{4}$ |
|
(C) Angle between $\hat i+\hat j$ and $-\hat i$ |
(III) $\frac{\pi}{4}$ |
|
(D) Angle between $\hat i+\hat k$ and $\hat k$ |
(IV) $\frac{\pi}{2}$ |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(II), (D)-(III)
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Angle between $\hat i-\hat j$ and $\hat i+\hat j$ |
(IV) $\frac{\pi}{2}$ |
|
(B) Angle between $\hat i-\hat j+\hat k$ and $-\hat i+\hat j-\hat k$ |
(I) $\pi$ |
|
(C) Angle between $\hat i+\hat j$ and $-\hat i$ |
(II) $\frac{3\pi}{4}$ |
|
(D) Angle between $\hat i+\hat k$ and $\hat k$ |
(III) $\frac{\pi}{4}$ |
(A) Angle between $\hat i-\hat j$ and $\hat i+\hat j$
Dot product:
$(1,-1,0)\cdot(1,1,0)=1-1=0$
Angle $=\frac{\pi}{2}$ → (IV)
(B) Angle between $\hat i-\hat j+\hat k$ and $-\hat i+\hat j-\hat k$
Dot product:
$(1,-1,1)\cdot(-1,1,-1)=-1-1-1=-3$
Magnitudes $=\sqrt{3},\sqrt{3}$
$\cos\theta=\frac{-3}{3}=-1$
Angle $=\pi$ → (I)
(C) Angle between $\hat i+\hat j$ and $-\hat i$
Dot product:
$(1,1,0)\cdot(-1,0,0)=-1$
Magnitudes $=\sqrt{2},1$
$\cos\theta=\frac{-1}{\sqrt{2}}$
Angle $=\frac{3\pi}{4}$ → (II)
(D) Angle between $\hat i+\hat k$ and $\hat k$
Dot product:
$(1,0,1)\cdot(0,0,1)=1$
Magnitudes $=\sqrt{2},1$
$\cos\theta=\frac{1}{\sqrt{2}}$
Angle $=\frac{\pi}{4}$ → (III)
Correct matching: A–IV, B–I, C–II, D–III