Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Degree of this differential equation $\frac{d^4y}{dx^4}+2\log_e(\frac{d^3y}{dx^3})=0$ |
(I) 1 |
|
(B) Order of this differential equation $e^{(\frac{dy}{dx})^3}+3y(\frac{d^2y}{dx^2})^3=0$ |
(II) 4 |
|
(C) Degree of $\frac{d^4y}{dx^4}+(\frac{dy}{dx})^2= 0$ |
(III) not defined |
|
(D) Order of the differential equation $2\frac{d^4y}{dx^4}+(\frac{d^2y}{dx^2})^5=0$ |
(IV) 2 |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) Degree of this differential equation $\frac{d^4y}{dx^4}+2\log_e(\frac{d^3y}{dx^3})=0$ |
(III) not defined |
|
(B) Order of this differential equation $e^{(\frac{dy}{dx})^3}+3y(\frac{d^2y}{dx^2})^3=0$ |
(IV) 2 |
|
(C) Degree of $\frac{d^4y}{dx^4}+(\frac{dy}{dx})^2= 0$ |
(I) 1 |
|
(D) Order of the differential equation $2\frac{d^4y}{dx^4}+(\frac{d^2y}{dx^2})^5=0$ |
(II) 4 |
$\text{(A) } \frac{d^{4}y}{dx^{4}}+2\log\!\left(\frac{d^{3}y}{dx^{3}}\right)=0$
$\text{Contains }\log\!\left(\frac{d^{3}y}{dx^{3}}\right)\Rightarrow\text{not a polynomial in derivatives}\Rightarrow\text{degree not defined}$
$\Rightarrow\ \text{(A)}\to\text{(III) not defined}$
$\text{(B) } e^{\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^{3}}+3y\left(\frac{d^{2}y}{dx^{2}}\right)^{3}=0$
$\text{Highest-order derivative is } \frac{d^{2}y}{dx^{2}}\Rightarrow \text{order}=2$
$\Rightarrow\ \text{(B)}\to\text{(IV) }2$
$\text{(C) } \frac{d^{4}y}{dx^{4}}+\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^{2}=0$
$\text{Polynomial in derivatives; highest-order term } \frac{d^{4}y}{dx^{4}}\text{ has power }1\Rightarrow\text{degree}=1$
$\Rightarrow\ \text{(C)}\to\text{(I) }1$
$\text{(D) } 2\frac{d^{4}y}{dx^{4}}+\left(\frac{d^{2}y}{dx^{2}}\right)^{5}=0$
$\text{Highest-order derivative } \frac{d^{4}y}{dx^{4}}\Rightarrow \text{order}=4$
$\Rightarrow\ \text{(D)}\to\text{(II) }4$
Matching: (A)→(III), (B)→(IV), (C)→(I), (D)→(II)