Match List I with List II
|
LIST I (Countries) |
LIST II (Advertisement Practices) |
|
A. USA |
I. Five piece of information on website |
|
B. Hong Kong |
II. Business cards & advertisement on internet forums |
|
C. Malaysia |
III. Advertise in print media |
|
D. India |
IV. Legal Profession (Publicity Rules), 2001 regulates advertisement |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → A-II, B-III, C-IV, D-I
In India advertising by lawyers has been strictly restricted by the Bar Council of India. Only 5 pieces of information can be put up on the internet, i.e., (i) the name of the advocate or the firm, (ii) the contact details, (iii) details of enrolment with the Bar, (iv) his professional and academic qualification and (v) the areas of practice.
Lawyers in the US can provide information about class actions, can approach clients by handing out business cards and can advertise on internet forums.
In Malaysia, the Legal Profession (Publicity Rules), 2001, is a simple, comprehensive code that regulates ads in legal and non- legal directories, controls publication of journals, magazines, brochures and newsletters and interviews in the media, bars publicity through clients and even regulates greeting cards.
In Hong Kong, lawyers are forbidden to advertise on television, radio and in the cinemas but are permitted to advertise in print media.
|
LIST I (Countries) |
LIST II (Advertisement Practices) |
|
A. USA |
II. Business cards & advertisement on internet forums |
|
B. Hong Kong |
III. Advertise in print media |
|
C. Malaysia |
IV. Legal Profession (Publicity Rules), 2001 regulates advertisement |
|
D. India |
I. Five piece of information on website |