Fill in the blanks in the sentences given in List-I with the appropriate idioms given in List-II
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Idioms) |
|
(A) With the project deadline approaching, the team had to ____ to meet the submission date. |
(I) hit the hay |
|
(B) As soon as the fitness trend started, many people decided to ____ and join the new workout class. |
(II) burn the midnight oil |
|
(C) Despite the promise of secrecy, Mark couldn't resist the temptation to ____ about the surprise party. |
(III) jump on the bandwagon |
|
(D) After a long day at work, I am ready to ____ and get a good night's sleep. |
(IV) spill the beans |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → (A)-(II), (B)-(III), (C)-(IV), (D)-(I)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Idioms) |
Explanation |
|
(A) With the project deadline approaching, the team had to ____ to meet the submission date. |
(II) burn the midnight oil |
To work late into the night. |
|
(B) As soon as the fitness trend started, many people decided to ____ and join the new workout class. |
(III) jump on the bandwagon |
To join a popular or successful activity, trend, or cause. |
|
(C) Despite the promise of secrecy, Mark couldn't resist the temptation to ____ about the surprise party. |
(IV) spill the beans |
To reveal a secret or tell something that was supposed to be kept private. |
|
(D) After a long day at work, I am ready to ____ and get a good night's sleep. |
(I) hit the hay |
To go to bed or go to sleep. |