Fill the blanks in the sentences in List-I with the appropriate idioms from List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Idioms) |
|
(A) I do use some strong language but I ____ using offensive words. |
(I) I could feel it in my bones |
|
(B) ____ when I realized that Misha had heard me berating her. |
(II) draw the line at |
|
(C) ____ that something was going to happen. |
(III) I had a feeling of deja vu |
|
(D) ____ when I met my friend at our old meeting point. |
(IV) I wanted to curl up and die |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(II), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Idioms) |
Explanation |
|
(A) I do use some strong language but I ____ using offensive words. |
(II) draw the line at |
To refuse to go beyond a certain point; to set a limit on what one will do or accept. |
|
(B) ____ when I realized that Misha had heard me berating her. |
(IV) I wanted to curl up and die |
To feel overwhelming embarrassment, shame, or humiliation. |
|
(C) ____ that something was going to happen. |
(I) I could feel it in my bones |
To have an intuitive feeling or strong conviction about something, often a premonition. |
|
(D) ____ when I met my friend at our old meeting point. |
(III) I had a feeling of deja vu |
The feeling of having already experienced the present situation. |