Match List – I with List – II.
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. The solution set of the inequality $\frac{1}{x-1}<0$ is |
I. $(-\infty, 2]$ |
|
B. The solution set of the inequality $3 x-6 ≤ 0$ is |
II. $(4, \infty)$ |
|
C. The solution set of the inequality $7 x-3<3 x+5$ is |
III. $(-\infty, 1)$ |
|
D. The solution set of the inequality $-4 x+16<0$ is |
IV. $(-\infty, 2)$ |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (3) → A-III, B-II, C-IV, D-I
$\text{A: } \frac{1}{x-1} < 0 \Rightarrow x-1 < 0 \Rightarrow x < 1,\ x \neq 1$
$\text{Solution: } (-\infty,1) \Rightarrow \text{III}$
$\text{B: } 3x-6 \le 0 \Rightarrow x \le 2$
$\text{Solution: } (-\infty,2] \Rightarrow \text{I}$
$\text{C: } 7x-3 < 3x+5 \Rightarrow 4x < 8 \Rightarrow x < 2$
$\text{Solution: } (-\infty,2) \Rightarrow \text{IV}$
$\text{D: } -4x+16 < 0 \Rightarrow -4x < -16 \Rightarrow x > 4$
$\text{Solution: } (4,\infty) \Rightarrow \text{II}$
$\text{A-III,\ B-I,\ C-IV,\ D-II}$