Match the phrasal verbs given in List-I with the meanings given in List-II
|
List-I (Phrasal verbs) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) Call off |
(I) Mention or introduce a topic in conversation |
|
(B) Bring up |
(II) Reject an offer or request |
|
(C) Look into |
(III) Cancel something planned |
|
(D) Turn down |
(IV) Investigate or examine a matter carefully |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Phrasal verbs) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) Call off |
(III) Cancel something planned |
|
(B) Bring up |
(I) Mention or introduce a topic in conversation |
|
(C) Look into |
(IV) Investigate or examine a matter carefully |
|
(D) Turn down |
(II) Reject an offer or request |