Match List – I with List – II.
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Trophoblast |
I. Mitotic division of zygote |
|
B. Inner cell mass |
II. Blastocyst becomes embedded in the endometrium of uterus |
|
C. Cleavage |
III. Group of cells in the blastocyst attached to trophoblast |
|
D. Implantation |
IV. Outer layer of blastocyst |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) →A-IV, B-III, C-I, D-II
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Trophoblast |
IV. Outer layer of blastocyst |
|
B. Inner cell mass |
III. Group of cells in the blastocyst attached to trophoblast |
|
C. Cleavage |
I. Mitotic division of zygote |
|
D. Implantation |
II. Blastocyst becomes embedded in the endometrium of uterus |
A.Trophoblast is the outer layer of the blastocyst that plays a key role in the implantation of the embryo into the uterine wall.
B.Inner cell mass refers to the group of cells within the blastocyst that eventually develops into the embryo.
C.Cleavage is the process of mitotic divisions that the zygote undergoes to form a multicellular structure.
D.Implantation is the process in which the blastocyst embeds itself into the endometrium of the uterus, allowing for further development.