Match List I with List II:
|
List - I |
List - II |
|
(A) 1915 |
(I) Quit India Movement |
|
(B) 1930 |
(II) Non-Cooperation Movement |
|
(C) 1942 |
(III) Mahatma Gandhi returns from South Africa |
|
(D) 1921 |
(IV) Civil Disobedience Movement |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
The correct match is:
|
List - I |
List - II |
|
(A) 1915 |
(III) Mahatma Gandhi returns from South Africa |
|
(B) 1930 |
(IV) Civil Disobedience Movement |
|
(C) 1942 |
(I) Quit India Movement |
|
(D) 1921 |
(II) Non-Cooperation Movement |
Timeline of important events in Indian Freedom movement:
1915: Mahatma Gandhi returns from South Africa
1917: Champaran movement
1918: Peasant movements in Kheda (Gujarat), and workers’ movement in Ahmedabad
1919: Rowlatt Satyagraha (March-April)
1919: Jallianwala Bagh massacre (April)
1921: Non-cooperation and Khilafat Movements
1928: Peasant movement in Bardoli
1929: “Purna Swaraj” accepted as Congress goal at the Lahore Congress (December)
1930: Civil Disobedience Movement begins; Dandi March (March-April)
1931: Gandhi-Irwin Pact (March); Second Round Table Conference (December)
1935: Government of India Act promises some form of representative government
1939: Congress ministries resign
1942: Quit India Movement begins (August)
1946: Mahatma Gandhi visits Noakhali and other riot-torn areas to stop communal violence.