Complete the sentences given in List-I with the appropriate verb forms given in List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Verb forms) |
|
(A) He promised ____ me a post in his department. |
(I) have given |
|
(B) I ____ my best years to the service of the nation. |
(II) gave |
|
(C) His services were terminated as he ____ trouble to the authorities. |
(III) to give |
|
(D) Atul always ____ his hundred percent to the task at hand. |
(IV) had been giving |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Verb forms) |
Explanation |
|
(A) He promised ____ me a post in his department. |
(III) to give |
The verb 'promise' is followed by the infinitive form (to + base verb). |
|
(B) I ____ my best years to the service of the nation. |
(I) have given |
This is present perfect tense → I have given my best years… |
|
(C) His services were terminated as he ____ trouble to the authorities. |
(IV) had been giving |
Past perfect continuous fits because it shows ongoing troublesome behaviour in the past. |
|
(D) Atul always ____ his hundred percent to the task at hand. |
(II) gave |
Habitual past action expressed in simple past → Atul always gave… |