Match the synonyms for the words in List - I with those in List - II.
|
List - I |
List – II |
||
|
(A) |
Astute |
(I) |
Villain |
|
(B) |
Knave |
(II) |
Wise |
|
(C) |
Lucid |
(III) |
Subservient |
|
(D) |
Servile |
(IV) |
Clear |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below :
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
Here's the explanation:
(A) Astute - (II) Wise: Astute and Wise are synonyms that both convey the idea of being intelligent, clever, or shrewd.
(B) Knave - (I) Villain: Knave and Villain are synonymous terms used to describe someone who is dishonest, deceitful, or behaves in an immoral way.
(C) Lucid - (IV) Clear: Lucid and Clear are synonyms that describe something transparent, easily understood, or expressed in a clear and coherent manner.
(D) Servile - (III) Subservient: Servile and Subservient are synonyms that convey the idea of being overly submissive, obedient, or compliant, often to an excessive degree.
So, the correct match of synonyms is (A)-(II), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(III).