Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I (Name of the molecule/drug) |
List-II (Use/disease name) |
|
(A) Thyroxine |
(I) Scurvy |
|
(B) Ascorbic acid |
(II) Thyroid gland |
|
(C) Steroid hormones |
(III) Identification of criminals |
|
(D) DNA fingerprinting |
(IV) Adrenal cortex |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(II), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Name of the molecule/drug) |
List-II (Use/disease name) |
|
(A) Thyroxine |
(II) Thyroid gland |
|
(B) Ascorbic acid |
(I) Scurvy |
|
(C) Steroid hormones |
(IV) Adrenal cortex |
|
(D) DNA fingerprinting |
(III) Identification of criminals |
Quick recall:
- Thyroxine → Hormone secreted by thyroid gland
- Ascorbic acid → Vitamin C → deficiency causes scurvy
- Steroid hormones (cortisol, aldosterone, etc.) → secreted by adrenal cortex
- DNA fingerprinting → used in forensic science for identification of criminals/individuals