Complete the sentences given in List-I with the appropriate Phrasal verbs from List-II:-
|
List-I (Phrasal Verbs) |
List-II (Sentences) |
|
(A) The evidence presented in the trial will certainly ____ his claims of innocence. |
(I) beat out |
|
(B) The storm began to ____ on the city, leaving behind widespread damage and power outages. |
(II) bear on |
|
(C) The small start-up managed to ____ its larger competitors by offering more innovative solutions and better customer service. |
(III) bear out |
|
(D) The new research findings could ____ our understanding of the disease and lead to better treatment options. |
(IV) beat down |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Phrasal Verbs) |
List-II (Sentences) |
Explanation |
|
(A) The evidence presented in the trial will certainly ____ his claims of innocence. |
(III) bear out |
Bear out means to confirm, support, or verify. |
|
(B) The storm began to ____ on the city, leaving behind widespread damage and power outages. |
(IV) beat down |
Beat down can mean to hit or strike hard and continuously (often used for rain/sun/storms). |
|
(C) The small start-up managed to ____ its larger competitors by offering more innovative solutions and better customer service. |
(I) beat out |
Beat out means to defeat, surpass, or outdo in a competition. |
|
(D) The new research findings could ____ our understanding of the disease and lead to better treatment options. |
(II) bear on |
Bear on means to be relevant to, relate to, or affect something. |