Fill in the blanks in List-I with the appropriate adverbs in List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Adverbs) |
|
(A) She danced ____ during the competition. |
(I) stealthily |
|
(B) The thief moved ____ through the house trying not to make noise. |
(II) promptly |
|
(C) He completed the assignment _____ and submitted it on time. |
(III) casually |
|
(D) They walked _____ through the crowded streets. |
(IV) beautifully |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → (A)-(IV), (B)-(I), (C)-(II), (D)-(III)
Explanation:
-
(A) She danced ____ during the competition.
→ (IV) beautifully
(Describes the graceful and elegant way she danced.) -
(B) The thief moved ____ through the house trying not to make noise.
→ (I) stealthily
(Means moving quietly and secretly.) -
(C) He completed the assignment _____ and submitted it on time.
→ (II) promptly
(Means without delay or quickly.) -
(D) They walked _____ through the crowded streets.
→ (III) casually
(Means in a relaxed or informal way.)