Fill in the blanks in the sentences given in List-I with the correct prepositions given in List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Prepositions) |
|
(A) Did you hear ____ what happened at the party on Saturday? |
(I) of |
|
(B) Mega was complaining ____ pain in her knee, so she went to see a doctor. |
(II) from |
|
(C) Are you going to apologize ____ what you I did? |
(III) about |
|
(D) Kamla is often not well. She suffers ____ severe headache. |
(IV) for |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(III), (B)-(I), (C)-(IV), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Prepositions) |
Explanation |
|
(A) Did you hear ____ what happened at the party on Saturday? |
(III) about |
Hear about means to be told information concerning someone or something. |
|
(B) Mega was complaining ____ pain in her knee, so she went to see a doctor. |
(I) of |
Complain of is used when stating the specific cause, especially an illness or symptom. |
|
(C) Are you going to apologize ____ what you I did? |
(IV) for |
Apologize for means to express regret for a specific action or omission. |
|
(D) Kamla is often not well. She suffers ____ severe headache. |
(II) from |
Suffer from means to experience a negative condition, especially an illness or chronic pain. |