Match List I with List II
|
LIST I |
LIST II |
|
A. Wealth of Nation |
I. Max Weber |
|
B. Capitalism |
II. Alfred Gell |
|
C. Status symbol |
III. Adam Smith |
|
D. Hierarchical social group |
IV. Karl Marx |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
Adam Smith, wrote a book, The Wealth of Nations
Max Weber, was among the first to point out that the goods that people buy and use are closely related to their status in society. He coined the term status symbol to describe this relationship.
Karl Marx, was a critic of modern capitalism. Marx understood capitalism as a system of commodity production, or production for the market, through the use of wage labour.
According to Alfred Gell (1982), the anthropologist who studied Dhorai, the market has significance much beyond its economic functions. For example, the layout of the market symbolises the hierarchical inter-group social relations in this region.