Fill in the blanks in the sentences in List-I with the appropriate verbs from List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Verbs) |
|
(A) He got used to ____ on the right side when he was in London. |
(I) drives |
|
(B) His desire is strongly _____ by his ambition to win the competition. |
(II) driving |
|
(C) Radha _____ to work everyday though her office is only half a mile away. |
(III) drove |
|
(D) My boss _____ me home last night. |
(IV) driven |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 4
The correct answer is Option (4) → (A)-(II), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Verbs) |
Explanation |
|
(A) He got used to ____ on the right side when he was in London. |
(II) driving |
The phrase "used to" requires the gerund (Verb+ing) when it means accustomed to something. |
|
(B) His desire is strongly _____ by his ambition to win the competition. |
(IV) driven |
This is the passive structure (is + past participle) indicating the desire is motivated by the ambition. |
|
(C) Radha _____ to work everyday though her office is only half a mile away. |
(I) drives |
This is a regular, habitual action, requiring the Simple Present Tense (third person singular: drives). |
|
(D) My boss _____ me home last night. |
(III) drove |
The time marker "last night" requires the Simple Past Tense (drove). |