Match List-I with List-II
|
List-I Differential Equations |
List-II Degree/Order |
|
(A) Degree of the differential equation $\frac{d^3y}{dx^3}+2\log s.y=0$ |
(I)3 |
|
(B) Order of the differential equation $\frac{d^4y}{dx^4}+(\frac{dy}{dx})^4+xy=0$ |
(II) 2 |
|
(C) Degree of the differential equation $(\frac{d^4y}{dx^4})^2+(\frac{dy}{dx})^3+x^2y=0$ |
(III) 1 |
|
(D) Order of the differential equation $\frac{d^3y}{dx^3}+y(\frac{dy}{dx})^3=0$ |
(IV) 4 |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below.
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 3
The correct answer is Option (3) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(II), (D)-(I)
|
List-I Differential Equations |
List-II Degree/Order |
|
(A) Degree of the differential equation $\frac{d^3y}{dx^3}+2\log s.y=0$ |
(III) 1 |
|
(B) Order of the differential equation $\frac{d^4y}{dx^4}+(\frac{dy}{dx})^4+xy=0$ |
(IV) 4 |
|
(C) Degree of the differential equation $(\frac{d^4y}{dx^4})^2+(\frac{dy}{dx})^3+x^2y=0$ |
(II) 2 |
|
(D) Order of the differential equation $\frac{d^3y}{dx^3}+y(\frac{dy}{dx})^3=0$ |
(I) 3 |
$\text{(A) Degree of }\frac{d^{3}y}{dx^{3}}+2\log y=0 \;\Rightarrow\; 1$
$\text{(B) Order of }\frac{d^{4}y}{dx^{4}}+\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^{4}+xy=0 \;\Rightarrow\; 4$
$\text{(C) Degree of }\left(\frac{d^{4}y}{dx^{4}}\right)^{2}+\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^{3}+x^{2}y=0 \;\Rightarrow\; 2$
$\text{(D) Order of }\frac{d^{3}y}{dx^{3}}+y\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^{3}=0 \;\Rightarrow\; 3$
(A)–(III), (B)–(IV), (C)–(II), (D)–(I)