Five boys are sitting in a row. Rahul is not adjacent to Suresh or Abhishek. Arun is not adjacent to Suresh. Rahul is on the left-hand side of Mohan, adjacent to him. Mohan is in the middle of the row. Abhishek and Rahul have two people between them. Then match List-I with List-II
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) How many boys are there to the right of Rahul? |
(I) Three |
|
(B) Who is to the immediate right of Mohan? |
(II) Arun |
|
(C) How many boys are there to the left of Abhishek? |
(III) Four |
|
(D) Who is at the extreme left end? |
(IV) Suresh |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(I), (B)-(IV), (C)-(III), (D)-(II)
|
List-I |
List-II |
|
(A) How many boys are there to the right of Rahul? |
(I) Three |
|
(B) Who is to the immediate right of Mohan? |
(IV) Suresh |
|
(C) How many boys are there to the left of Abhishek? |
(II) Arun |
|
(D) Who is at the extreme left end? |
(III) Four |
Let us first arrange the boys step by step.
Given facts
- Mohan is in the middle → position 3
- Rahul is adjacent to Mohan and on his left → Rahul at position 2
- Rahul is not adjacent to Suresh or Abhishek
- Abhishek and Rahul have two people between them → Abhishek at position 5
- Arun is not adjacent to Suresh
Seating arrangement (left to right):
|
1 |
2 |
3 |
4 |
5 |
|
Arun |
Rahul |
Mohan |
Suresh |
Abhishek |
Now match List-I with List-II
(A) How many boys are there to the right of Rahul?
→ Positions 3, 4, 5 → Three → (I)
(B) Who is to the immediate right of Mohan?
→ Suresh → (IV)
(C) How many boys are there to the left of Abhishek?
→ Positions 1, 2, 3, 4 → Four → (III)
(D) Who is at the extreme left end?
→ Arun → (II)