Fill the blanks in the List-II with the suitable words given in List-II:-
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
|
(A) Asha was caught trying to ____ evidence to support her false claim. |
(I) obliterated |
|
(B) The professor ____ every detail of the research paper before approval. |
(II) fabricate |
|
(C) The storm was so powerful that it ____ entire villages. |
(III) repeal |
|
(D) The government decided to ____ the outdated law after much debate. |
(IV) scrutinised |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 2
The correct answer is Option (2) → (A)-(II), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(III)
|
List-I (Sentences) |
List-II (Words) |
|
(A) Asha was caught trying to ____ evidence to support her false claim. |
(II) fabricate |
|
(B) The professor ____ every detail of the research paper before approval. |
(IV) scrutinised |
|
(C) The storm was so powerful that it ____ entire villages. |
(I) obliterated |
|
(D) The government decided to ____ the outdated law after much debate. |
(III) repeal |
(A) – (II): Asha was caught trying to fabricate evidence to support her false claim. Fabricate means to invent or make up something, often with the intention to deceive.
(B) – (IV): The professor scrutinised every detail of the research paper before approval. Scrutinised means to examine something very carefully.
(C) – (I): The storm was so powerful that it obliterated entire villages. Obliterated means completely destroyed.
(D) – (III): The government decided to repeal the outdated law after much debate. Repeal means to officially cancel a law.