Match the proverbs in List-I with their meanings in List-II:-
|
List-I (Proverbs) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse |
(I) Bad actions have worse consequences. |
|
(B) First catch your hare |
(II) No point worrying about something before it actually happens |
|
(C) Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind |
(III) A slight hint is enough to make someone understand what you mean |
|
(D) Don't meet trouble halfway |
(IV) No point in planning what you are going to do with something until you actually have it |
Choose the correct answer from the options given below:-
Answer & explanation
Correct answer: option 1
The correct answer is Option (1) → (A)-(III), (B)-(IV), (C)-(I), (D)-(II)
|
List-I (Proverbs) |
List-II (Meanings) |
|
(A) A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse |
(III) A slight hint is enough to make someone understand what you mean |
|
(B) First catch your hare |
(IV) No point in planning what you are going to do with something until you actually have it |
|
(C) Sow the wind and reap the whirlwind |
(I) Bad actions have worse consequences. |
|
(D) Don't meet trouble halfway |
(II) No point worrying about something before it actually happens |